Thread: Happy Tax Day!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 09:45 PM   #11
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

The instructions for the short form - 1040A - are now longer than they were seven years ago for the long form - 1040. Cute ideas such as George Jr's tax rebates and tax cuts are designed so that they increase tax law complexity. So those who created the problem - Congress and president - blame the IRS.

Even that 34% tax on the rich is nonsense. As the Economist once demonstrated, even the rich only pay typically 20 some % taxes on their income. Tax loopholes are widespread, intentionally well hidden, and encouraged by an industry that can afford to legally bribe politicians for 'tax reform'.

In the year of tax simplification, I files a new record - 13 Federal forms. That same year, and for years afterwards, both Carnical Cruise and a TX baseball team paid no taxes either by outright tax exemption written tino the law OR by loopholes.

Congress don't even file their own taxes. Expensive tax lawyers are paid by government to file Congressman and White House taxes. Just another advantge when one lives in the ethersphere. They don't have a clue about the tax laws that they reform to make the economy productive.

Productive? Today, most people now hire tax accountants to file because laws are so complex. This increases GNP and reduces unemployment. Classic government solution. Train people in a complex game which means they cost more. Make it necessary for all citizens to have to hire these more expensive people. Therefore GNP increases and unemplyment goes down. Forget that this only makes America less productive. But Congress does not care. Those numbers make Congress look better AND affords many new fields to demand legalized bribery.

Tax lawyers and acountant and even all that tax software are really just more new taxes. Two years ago, Kiplinger Tax Cut took 6 months to finally refund my rebate check. Last year they billed me four times for the State Tax software - defective FTP software - AND then never did honor all the rebates I was do. Rebate programs have a percentage of 'not honored' application they must meet, know that many of those rebates will never be received, AND play money games (float) with all that money. Just another tax on a public. No wonder those tax preparation software companies don't complain about tax laws.

Maybe if we required Congress to file their own taxes, then they would be interested in learning what the word reform really means. But that too is an idea that lives in the ethersphere.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote