View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #145
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular.joe View Post
We got rid of the land line recently. Paid for one that we never used for three years. Only calls we got were around dinner time..."Hi I'd like to talk to you about..." We each have a mobile, my mobile number hasn't changed in at least 4 years I put it on anything that asks for my number. I like the mobile phone, took me a while to catch on myself, but I really do like the benefit of the technology.
ok so the next step:

1. do you have wireless internet connection? if not, set one up.
2. is your phone an android smart phone? if not, check your provider if you can (this might be an option on the iphone but i can't say for certain).

if or when the ansewr to both is yes, download an widget/app to turn on and off data. when your at home, turn it off.

download skype to your mobile and get a skype number or (if your in the US) download google voice and get a google voice number.

in the settings to either one you set it up to redirect to your actual mobile phone number.

then you give your new skype/google-voice number to your friends and family.

if you are calling or recieving calls when your at home or in any public area with wifi, you can answer from your mobiles, your doing it for free.

saves a lot of money.
it is offline   Reply With Quote