View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #19
undone
work in progess

I've been on 10mg of Lexapro since I had my 2nd baby nearly 5 years ago. It started with post partum and then dealing with all the stress of the kids etc got to be too much. I never want to stop taking it. I feel normal. Finally. I am a better parent and a better wife which makes me feel like a better person. I have less energy in the bedroom and I am carrying around a few extra pounds but I don't attribute it to the meds I attribute it to the heathens masquerading as my children.
I see it the same way as UT, why are these meds any different than the ones used to control other health problems. Anxiety and depression run in my family and I for one refuse to suffer needlessly.
My husband and I both had a poor opinion of these kinds of meds and the people who take them until I became one of those people. He is totally supportive of this regimen since he has had to cope with me when I am not taking the meds. Occasionally I forget to take it but I haven't seen any repercussions. The only drawback is I can't drink as heavily or as often as I used to. Which makes me a cheap drunk!