Thread: Flipping Birds
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Possibly true in America. But not, apparently in Britain, as the most appalled quotes come from people who didn't watch, have never watched it, had no idea the Super Bowl was on or what it was and do not know who she is, but are ashamed to be British nonetheless.

Shrug. It is an offensive gesture.
Silly tart should have given them the good old two finger salute and she would have been cheered for making a peace sign.

(I defend my right to call another female a silly tart when she has used poor judgement and tried to inflame public opinion in a wholly conservative environment).
See, I was just happy to get through yet another Super Bowl without 79 people dying in a riot.

Really, it's the same thing as when everyone cried about Roseanne grabbing her crotch (like a baseball player) when THEY ASKED HER to sing the National Anthem at a baseball game. Was it a stupid and classless action? Yes. But they asked Roseanne. Not known for having a singing voice. What the fuck did they expect? They expected comedy, that's what, and when the public became outraged they were all like "Whew, they're not even WONDERING why we asked HER."

Meh.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote