View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #386
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I'm going to be an interloper amongst the parents now :p

I am a very, very proud auntie

On Friday we went to see the finals exhibition for Amelia's art&design course at college. She's passed all her modules and exams with flying colours and distinctions all round and is off to one of the best design courses in the country (at Uni of Northumbria).

Her exhibition won 'Best in Show' for her course, and took the prize for 'Most Creative Display'.

Unlike most of the students who placed their work on the walls and tables, Amelia elected, with the help of her Dad, to build proper exhibition falls to hang from the ceiling. It looked really professional.

Here she is with her display. Can't do the lamp justice I'm afraid. I am not a great photograhpher. Take my word for it, it's bloody lovely. Wouldn;t look out of place in a high class design studio. It twists around and plays with light and form. I'm so impressed. I knew she was talented, having seen odds and sods over the course, bt seeing it all laid out and her design boards and such. Wow. Dead impresed. And dead proud

IMG_0643

[eta] the little piles of gambling chips on the display are actually her business cards. I grabbed a few, so at some point I'll take a proper pic of them.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote