View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #8
Snakeadelic
Banned

#17 is the one that leads to me being severely annoyed a lot. And occasionally accidentally endangered now, thanks to my non-awesome downstairs neighbor. My awesome (insane biker) downstairs neighbor bought a box of off-brand big black yard bags so he could do a huge post-holiday garbage run through his apartment. Opened it up and HOLY HELL you jerks LABEL YOUR SCENTED PRODUCTS. We're still only halfway through the box, because in order to use one without sending me to the ER because of the artificial scent impregnated into the plastic, we have to flap it open and leave it out in the garage overnight. The hand lotion that used to keep the soles of my feet from peeling off or cracking bloody? Now scented. The alcohol-free mouthwash my dentist pretty much insists I use? Gonna have to go to the big town for that...50 miles EACH. WAY. For mouthwash, because none of the 4 grocery stores in town even carry any kind of alcohol-free mouthwash. The Gevalia decaf coffee that was good enough to get us to buy a membership? Now only sold in caffeinated. Even online. I hate #17.

I just broke #18--went in for a followup on my absolute least favorite medical test, and was actually sicker when I got to the appointment than when I had the test done. My doctor is starting to come around; my dentist figured it out a couple years ago when I introduced him and his staff to the term "freak flossing accident." In my case, this is what you tell the dentist when your genetically-awful teeth weaken for no apparent reason and one night you're flossing away and TINK! Acrylic filling in the sink. He stopped telling me it was all my years of lackadaisical oral care around about that time and started asking more questions about my mom's dental history since I don't know my male bio-donor's side (my mom is my birth mom, but my dad adopted me during their first marriage when I was 5, so he's only my dad in my heart and on paper).
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote