View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #44
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm at my brother's house. Complete with Netflix. So I've watched a few episodes of The United States of Tara. I love Toni Collette and it's a great premise but I just don't like it that much. I can't stand any of the characters, even the 'meant to be funny' alters. Usually even the most vile characters elicit some sort of empathetic response in me, but I can't even stand the kids in this one.

Watched a few episodes of Arrested Development. Yeah, never saw it before. I like it, it's pretty funny.

Watched a few episodes of Portlandia. There are parts I hate and parts that I find really funny. It's so weird to me that the 90s are retro now. It can't be that long ago can it? I was a young adult. Oh yeah, that was that long ago.

Re-watched The Talented Mr Ripley. I'd forgotten a lot about it. I like it. It made me think, though, that I know of two movies where part of the plot is that one of the main characters bear a small resemblance to Jude Law's character. This one with the passport and Matt Damon, and the other one being Gattaca with the ID and Ethan Hawke. None of them really look anything alike. Just an observation.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote