View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #35
monster
I hear them call the tide

So....... this week's meet (on Thurs) is against a school with 20 swimmers and Swimmer Girl can beat their fastest in anything -and so can most of the rest of the team of 45. We know them well because SG's Winter club before she went to high school is located in this school and is their feeder team.

So the result is pre-determined

Just last night, SG and I discussed that she wanted to try a free sprint -even though that is not her thing- just to see how much she'd improved. I speculated that the coach might even put her in back (her worst stroke).... we didn't go far enough....

The coach is making her dive! Her School has two divers, most others have 5 or 6. Top 5 score, so we bleed points there. SG dives in summer, is OK/good, but not good enough to get near places at championships any more (places are taken by year-round divers). I had said to SG she may need to dive as a Freshman to get more events, but it turns out so far her swim times are good enough to get the maximum number anyway. (They can compete in 4 at dual meets, each swim race is an event, diving is also an event.)

She is amused. Which is good, because we're at that teenage point where we could get any reaction from tree falling in the forest to 9/11 on acid