View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 02:07 AM   #6
mbpark
Lecturer

and the cities people love?

Washington DC? Mostly a hole and a ghetto that is really bad, except for the rich parts and government parts.

Atlanta? Worse traffic than LA or SF.

SF? As long as the dot-idiots leave in droves

New York is cool.

Philadelphia does have a crazy reputation outside the USA. It's for being nasty, boorish, and completely impolite. It's mostly because of the 700-level at the Vet, and such Philadelphia sports memories as the Michael Irvin incident, booing Santa Claus, Charles Barkley, the Phillies, and the Flyers. And OxyContin.

However, I do try and change that by being very nice and considerate. It's a welcome change for many whom I meet who are used to Philly people being the 700-level people at the Vet who curse out and yell obscenities at anyone not wearing Eagles green (and yes, there was an incident with a 10 year old girl who was called a f***ing whore for wearing a Packers jacket to the Vet).

At least the idiot Mumia protestors and fruit and nut protestor freaks were from elsewhere. I was on my best behavior, and not trying to assault them. Police tend to look the other way when it comes to Mumia protestors .

However, I do think Philadelphia could be improved by removing a few certain neighborhoods, starting with Kensington and Port Richmond. Torresdale is much nicer.
mbpark is offline   Reply With Quote