Thread: I'm confused
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #31
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I'll buy the earlier in the process issues -- and it would be nice if the committee actually cared. But lying about high school yearbook terminology? Bill Clinton should *definitely* have been impeached, if that is the standard. I don't think he should have been impeached, do you?
Clinton *was definitely* impeached, you could look it up.

Trump *could be* impeached, how's that workin out?

Kavanaugh's behavior as a young person is germane, for a couple reasons. One, what he did and how he's addressing it *now* is the main reason. He's lying and I don't want someone who's a liar on the Court. Two, it shows his hypocrisy and I don't want that on the Court either. The actions of other teenagers matter, but don't look at his. That's not fair.

I think I know why he won't call for an FBI investigation, why he won't call for Mark Judge to be subpoenaed--because he believes these actions will not help his case.

Maybe you think both were credible in telling their truth. But who do you think has more to gain from lying? Ford? To put herself and her family in the national spotlight and become the target of death threats when merely staying silent could avoid that? Or Kavanaugh? To avoid losing his shot at the Court *and* still be subject to criminal prosecution? It seems clear to me that he has more to gain from lying. He is lying. He is a liar.