Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #229
bbro
Insert witty comment here

So, my great camping triumph fizzled in a deluge of rain. So, I left. Not even 24 hours. I wasn't going to leave, but then, I figured why am I staying? Who am I trying to impress? So, yea. The first evening was fine. A little chilly, but whatever. The second day was weird. Hot, cold, humid, all at once. Still, I set off hiking. I watched the storm roll in. I got soaked on half my hike. Still ok with it. I cleaned up, put on dry clothes, threw a picnic blanket in the wet hammock, threw the wet clothes over a fence to dry. Relaxed. It was awesome. Sun was shining, so I decided to wash the dishes from the previous meals. I grabbed the last dry, warm thing I had and headed there. What happened? Torrential downpour! Fuck! I washed the dishes and waited for the rain to stop. I was still willing to make it work. Now, everything was wet. Even the last hoodie. Then, another downpour. Sitting in my tent, I decided I was miserable and it was time to go home. I was only 2 hours from home, so, I threw everything in the car and left.

Now, I must wait until July for my next trip. *SIGH* I'm going through the pics now.