View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #36
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

I've got a GE Potscrubber - 13 years old now, and running fine. Never had a problem with it, as a matter of fact.

I never buy warranties on appliances, either. What I DO have is a home warranty, which covers all appliances, electrical, and plumbing problems. I pay $37 a month for this warranty; when something (anything) goes wrong, I call them up, they give me the name/number of their local repair contractor that fixes whatever it is that's broken. The repair guy comes and I give him $60, which guarantees that the item will be fixed and/or replaced. End of story.

Two years ago, my water heater started leaking. The repair guy deemed it unfixable. Because the original was an odd size, the replacement water heater would have cost me $700, plus another who knows how much to have it installed. I got that new puppy put in for $60.

I've used that home warranty a few times for plumbing troubles, got the fan on my heat pump replaced last year, got a new motor in my dryer, and got a new ice maker for my fridge, too. It's an awesome deal, particularly for people with older homes that need frequent repairs.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote