Thread: Weird names
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #104
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
could you maybe spell it backwards for the curious? i'm thinking emae-caf no hyphen?
She's not been in my class - we know eachother through her siblings - so I've not seen it written down. I was being uber careful when trying to spell it, because if I lucked on the right one it would have been more easy to identify.

I will look it up and spell it backwards if you're interested. I am myself now.

I have many children cannon into me at lunchtime (I am on duty 12.30-13.10) and I only know half of their names. Black and Asian children are easier to identify purely because of their colouring/ rarity, but I find those that have been in my classes make a beeline for me.

Obviously some caucasian children do too, but given the numbers it's a smaller percentage. Fas has never been taught by me, but is related to children who have, and is friends with children in Craft Club (which I helped with before being employed). The family supports the school well, so she's seen me at school events too.

Same with hauqitra (reverse) and family. Technically I didn't know her sisters, but they live about 200 yards from me and were always together and always SO polite. One of her sisters gravely told me at Kids On The Catwalk that I was very cool. If you'd heard the offhand way she said it, you'd have lit up too.