Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #93
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Many such reports with numbers defined the size of that misinformation campaign. But what I really needed, so as to better appreciate, are specific examples of that misinformation. Since I always find it so difficult to believe such unsupported statements would be believed by any adult.

It might be that I was raised watching advertising intentionally deceive people with phony claims - such as "smoking cigarettes increase health". Would routinely listen to international radio broadcasts promoting news or propaganda. And routinely identified the characteristic differences that separated facts from suspect myths.

I have a problem understanding why anyone would read and believe that Hilary Clinton was running a sex slave operation in a Washington pizza shop basement. Cannot understand (grasp) why anyone (any adult) would even come close to believing that.

In Brexit, I have not nor understand specific examples of what was stated that would cause anyone to believe Brexit propaganda. Yes, we have numbers that these misinformation claims were in the tens of thousands. But what exactly were they saying that would cause anyone to believe any of them? That part I just do not get.

It is a simple rule. It must also say why and with numbers. That simple rule made it so obvious that Saddam did not have WMDs. Honesty always says why with as many statements or more paragraphs than I write. Otherwise it is probably a lie.

Why would anyone believe anything that was only a paragraph or two? What sort of claims would cause anyone to believe Brexit fake news? Soundbyte replies are a first indication of a lie.

I just never saw one good example of a misinformation post that so many believed. Many tens of thousands. But I never saw a specific example that so many automatically believed. So I have difficultly understanding what propaganda is working to deceive so many Brits.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote