Thread: My Family
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #111
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oops. There is actually more.
You know me - if it's worth writing in 10 words it's worth writing in 100!

So the next big ride was Colossus.
I wasn't too worried about this one - it's a twisty-turny-loopy kind of ride, no big drop, no supersonic speed. So I was quite blase. It took a whole to find the entrance; the only downside of a mostly empty park being that you can't follow the crowds to the big rides. Oh and their map is PANTS - lots of big cartoon graphics and little to show where actual entrances are. We walked round a later ride one and a half times before we saw where to enter. Grrrr.

I had lost The Fear at this point. Not bad after two rides! I was chopsing to Stevo all the way up the first hill. After that it was screams and squeaks and gasps! The damn thing just doesn't quit. It has 10 inversions and I was held by my shoulder restraint for all of them. Small dips compared to Stealth but far more air time - I screamed at each one. Just bloody good fun. I came off and said to Ste "I want to go on that one again!"

We didn't immediately, as we had more to do, but we did go back for more eventually.

Got this from youtube - posted by the official website, so I assume it's okay to repost.

And some of those inversions, looking like nothing at all from the outside but really noticeable on the ride!
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 11-18-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Sleath to Stealth
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote