View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
Mountain Mule
Slacker

Yeah, I'm actually as stupid as this question might imply

So...

I'm going along, leading mi vida loca and taking an extended break from the bad boys who always make my vida even more loca than ever. I was just fine leading a semi-normal existence. "This is what my life SHOULD be," thinks I.

Then out of the blue a flash from my misbegotten past decides to get in touch after 10 years. Very long story short, this silver tongued devil talks me into reconnecting with him since he's ever so sorry, has learned his lesson, STILL loves me, blah, blah. Of course, I fall for this just like I always do.

This guy currently lives 400 miles away from me, and in the 3 months since that first call, we've managed to meet face to face only once, but we've been discussing moving back together in his town which also happens to be my old home town.

At first he called all the time, but then his calls became fewer and of course he had iron clad reasons as to why this should be so. Now I cannot reach him by phone at all. He keeps his cell turned off - always. No matter what time I call, his phone goes directly to voicemail. He doesn't have a personal message on the thing - just some robotic voice repeating "The number you are calling cannot be reached. Please leave a message..."

He never replies to my messages just as he never picks up the phone when I call. Should I miss a call from him by a minute or less and I try to call him back like immediately, he's already turned his phone off again and is once more unreachable.

Well, DUH! Dude so obviously has a GF back there in HomeTown and is afraid she might overhear a call from me or even intercept my call and speak with me up close and personal. I'm just a card up his sleeve in case the new gal grows weary of his games. Right? Right?

You guys in the role of strangers on the Internet are his last chance. You have been chosen because most of you seem too clever by half and you're mostly funnier than hell (note to self: start dropping in on the Cellar more often). Plus, you don't know either one of us, so you can be completely impartial.

Talk me into NOT just blocking his number and unfriending him on stupid FB, and never again calling the robot who answers his cell. Explain to me that actually I should give him his 50th chance because obviously, his Mama never loved him, he has a demanding job that requires he put in 18 hour shifts with no breaks, plus he is going deaf and can no longer hear the ringtone on his phone, etc.

Well?