View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #3418
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

(ETA: I would never work in the broadcast industry, or anywhere close to it, again. Famous Last Words. But in fact Comcast tried to recruit me a few months ago*. I ate their liver with some fava beans.)

On these kinds of things, I think I'm actually just waiting for inspiration. I did a single ep "Pawncasters" with my pawn shop co-worker when I was at the shop, and it was just so perfect and so right. Had tremendous topics, humor, and a dynamic between the two of us. I believe it would have become popular. I haven't seen something like that again. It's like a vision. If I ever see it I'ma jump on it though.

Despite being socially retarded, I don't believe in doing a show alone. It's just not all that interesting.

There are only a few podcasters in this world who can pull off a weekly show of a single person, just talking. After a few minutes, a single voice is just not that interesting. You need another point of view, or something to reflect off of. A tinge of drama always helps.

Mike Rowe is doing a Paul Harvey "The rest of the story" style thing, but that's only about 8 minutes at a time. Plus, it's Mike Rowe. Congenial, intelligent, a great radio voice, I would listen to him read the dictionary.

This gent Mike Carano does it alone, in a weird stream-of-consciousness thought stream, and I enjoy listening to him from time to time, but I wouldn't copy that format.

*an indirect recruiter, for an uninteresting position in their advertising division (which is the only division I won't ever consider, Comcast)
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote