View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I noticed when the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline started picking up, at least the media coverage did, there was a spike in petroleum carrying rail car accidents. This may be the result like plane crashes of the media paying more attention to what's happening. Knowing the biggest benefactor of oil moved by rail is Warren Buffet, and the pipelines would kill his windfall, made me sit up and anticipate the next broadcast.
Pipelines are probably safer than railcars but we're comparing Crude Oil to liquid Butane/Ethtane.

After considerable maneuvering during two trips, I got two good shots of the area where I speculated the dig will be. Seeing it has me even more convinced I'm right. I could also hear a big racket up on the hill somewhere. I'll bet it's the boring machine at work.
Got home, downloaded, no new pictures but half the pictures I deleted from the camera yesterday are back. That's it. Mr Olympus, let me introduce you to Mr Wesson. Never met Mr Smith, but personally known the last three Mr Wessons... prepare to die. I still have Mr Kodak but I don't see my fat fingers, or any other fat things, shrinking in the immediate future.
I've been delaying a smart phone but may be a better option than replacing Mr Olympus.

Looking at all the online information, both pro and con, the routing, technology, and politics for Mariner-2 are fucking amazing. Hopefully it will have a big payback in the future, financially for S.E. PA, and ecologically for the globe.
But Mr Olympus is still history unless I find it has a suck function.
I'll keep you posted as best I can.