View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #38
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Now, draw from that what you will, but until you've driven around my area you, or one like it, you don't understand the problem.
Oh i understand the problem quite well Troubleshooter. The problem of people spending their money on somthing that won't improve their lives one bit at the expense of other, more important necessities of basica life like health insurance, proper nuitrition, etc. My point is, these people should NOT be grouped in with people who HAVE the money to take care of their basic needs first, then customize thier cars second. One is plain idiotic, and the other is just expressing themselves through an outlet that you don't appreciate apparantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysycamore
Won't hear it from me. I personally enjoy oogling at the car culture...on occasion, I'll watch the DJ Flex show on the man channel..um, I mean SpikeTV. And Syc and I was fascinated with "Pimp My Ride" series on MTV (http://www.mtv.com/onair/pimp_my_ride/). Love it! It made me appreciate the art of detail even more than before...all the work that goes into it and the things they came up with to put in the cars! Too wild! I think there is something sexy about a guy that works on his car. Hell, at least he's being productive *shrugs*.

So what did you think of the trend of the "car" movies like The Fast and The Furious? I thought it was cool. A lot of creativity went into making those cars look so fine.
I think pimp my ride is a pretty good show in the fact that these kids are usually not finacially endowed enough to own anything other than a POS and are gettin $30,000 worth of customization (not including labor) on their cars. What seems sketchy is that fact that you neevr see them do any real engine/tranny/guts of the car work. And if thats the case that they don't, then these kids are gettin screwed over because they still have a POS, but with a shiny new wrepper on the outside.

Fast and the Furious. All i can say is wow. What complete sh*t lol. Its completely unrealistic and fake. I think the cars look sweet, especially the one Vin Diesel sadly wrecks at the end (forget what it was.. Charger? Somthin classic).
Anywho, I've heard some great street racing stories from my Uncle Jack Dolan in San Diego. He's been on the racing scene for as long as he could reach the pedals. Not illegal street racing but salt flat stuff. Time trials and the like. And now he's part of a program to get street racers off the street and into these certified drag strips where its legal and MUCH safer. He tells me stories of Marine helicopter pilots who need low level night time flying practice so what do they do? The San Diego cops get in touch w/ them and the Marines in their Black Hawks. Bust up street racing rallies. Some of these kids literally sh*t themselves when they see that massive bird chasin em . Cause they got no chance in hell of outrunnin from it or hiding from it. I think its hilarious. These kids who have no respect for the law and the safety of others gettin right in the ass, where im sure they like it too.

Wow im a bit on the.. offensive side today.. oops.