Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #113
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Financial Times cannot be read without a subscription.

I asked various bank management people where they would move. I expected Frankfort as a most likely center. With Dublin or Paris as alternatives. Some completely surprised me - Belgium will be the new European home of one major US bank.

A banking center in Britain could also service 27 other countries. No longer. Worse place to run operations from will be Britian. To anyone with an education, that was obvious.

GM is continuing to sell off capital assets so that top management can claim big bonuses by creating a (fictionally creating) profit. Next to go will probably be Opel (also known as Vauxhall). Car parts are made throughout Europe. Assembled in Britain. Then sold elsewhere. No longer. Those part both incoming and assembled cars outgoing will be subject to tariffs. So most car production in Britain will close. This is good according to so many Brits; especially in the Midlands.

Best is for Scotland to succeed from Britain before Brexodus happens. Otherwise Scotland will be punished for the stupidity of so many in England. No wonder so many in England like Donald Trump.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote