View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #5593
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Here, let me just liven up this thread with something new I'm upset about!

I'm just fucking despondent, y'all. My good friend's daughter has just started down the road to being autistic, but my friend doesn't understand or believe it yet.

Of course, this kid has had vicious allergy and immune issues from day one. After watching--watching, firsthand, we see them every week--what happened to my daughter, they decided to stop vaccinating theirs. Except then they started couching it in terms of only the MMR. And then only because the MMR is formulated with egg, and their daughter is already known to be severely allergic to egg. Now, this morning they come over to play, and she tells me that at her daughter's 18-month checkup they went ahead and gave her all the shots she was due (and overdue) for except the MMR. 4 shots total in one day.

Her daughter violently screamed, nonstop, for the rest of the day. The next morning, her legs hurt so badly she refused to walk on them, she just stood in one place and cried all day. After that the crying finally cleared up, but every single night since then (going on 2 weeks now) she has told her mother that her tummy hurts. No loss of speech yet... but last night she was strangely smacking herself in the face for no reason.

And yet, I'm sitting there on my couch verging on tears as she's telling me this, and she's just pleasantly detailing how she was really worried when at first her daughter wouldn't stop screaming, but now she feels like everything's all better. Oh, and she's excited because they've found an allergist who can compound the MMR shot without egg, so she can hopefully go ahead and get that one very soon. I encouraged her as strongly as I could to treat the tummy pain just in and of itself as tummy pain, and told her where to buy some very strong probiotics. But I don't think she's going to.

In six months, her daughter will officially receive a diagnosis. Mark my fucking words. Goddammit.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote