View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #48
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Government is the responsibility of the citizens. If more people would wake up and remember that the government is elected by the people in order to do the people's bidding, we'd all be a lot better off. Most individual citizens couldn't give a rat's ass about the poor and needy disabled. How much do YOU contribute to the local battered women's shelter? How about to programs for kids born with developmental disabilities. When's the last time you made aREAL contribution to a food drive for the needy in your area - and I don't mean just throwing a can of generic canned corn into a basket.

I am on SSDI and I don't hang my head over it. I worked and paid into the system for 30 years of my life only to become disabled and end up with a "benefit" of $671.00/month plus $10.00 in food stamps. The American people are so lacking in concern for those in need that its a national disgrace.

Why don't YOU get your head out of your ass and learn about the REAL world - especially in the country you live in?
It's hard....seeing you this angry.......But I have to agree with you, even so perturbed..When did government and citizen become so divided? It didn't. This is the point.I eagerly agree to pay my taxes for the less fortunate. I am a citizen, and at different points in times I have governed. I am not alone in this.
The head in the ass is a matter of perspective. And I think the world might be the common denominator.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote