Thread: Shopaholic?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I don't love shopping in a cliched girls-love-shopping-and-chocolate way. The idea of a whole day out shopping fills me with horror, not delight. But as everyone knows I am fiscally irresponsible, magpie-minded, and too generous with money I don't have. Which means if I happen to be out and see something sparkly or something that makes me think of someone else, like as not I'll buy it. Or at least be sorely tempted.

I am also greedy enough to love food shopping. Give me a large supermarket a couple of hours and £100 and I will be your slave forever. The worst thing for me about drinking crappy SlimFast - apart from the drinking crappy SlimFast part - is not being able to dawdle through Sainsbury's whiling away the time. It's not a large supermarket and I don't have £100, but not being able to spend the little I have on ingredients makes me feel a little lost. Fruit and cat litter just don't do it somehow.

I swear I could be a professional supermarket shopper. I'm doing it for Grandad this week after all. Mum says he won't want her back if I keep spoiling him. Told her he'd soon miss all the things she does - liver sausage and pancakes can only go so far!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote