View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #77
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
Yes! The best part about it is we will have awesome benefits...
Read this quickly, read it as buffets.
Well either deserves a celebration!
Pleased for you Kero.

Kinda irking me is that I brought home leftover bananas to make Mum some banana bread. Spoke to her about it, she agreed, end of. Now they are sposed to be slightly over-ripe. And of course the ones given to the childer at school are ripe. So Mon/ Tues I look over and see there are only three left. I question Mum, she binned the others because... they were over-ripe.

Now, she's also asked me to make her a coffee (flavoured) & walnut cake after the success I had with the one I made for school. I teased her at the time - it used to be her most hated cake because she had to have it every Saturday teatime growing up. It was Grandad's favourite (gosh I wish I'd thought of baking one for him) and as he was the breadwinner he chose the cake. Same thing, every week for years.

Anyway, I had already agreed I'd make one for Mum, as and we are having family and friends over all Easter I suggested Thursday that I would make it. You know, make up for failing to deliver on the Banana Bread front.

No. She has already promised Laura one of her chocolate cakes on Easter Sunday. Although she also has shop-bought profiteroles in the fridge I notice.

Sigh. She just jumps in. Doesn't give anyone a chance to help [light-hearted comment]

So although I would have liked the family to enjoy one of my cakes for once, I'm actually off the hook. I'll concentrate on my pastel (as opposed to rainbow) vanilla sponge. Even my family don't have 30+ people coming round for Easter, whereas the staffroom sees that many in a day.