View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #118
monster
I hear them call the tide

oh and, I'm not sure if I mentioned this on the cellar (I must have....), but back in March, when SG was swimming for her middle school at the meet at the High school she should have gone to, and won the breaststroke, We 'fessed up to that coach that she was going to Shiny New School aka the Breaststroke Battalion, and that coach emailed me around midnight that night trying to "help" fix the reasons I had given her for SG going to the other school over Grungy High.

Today her husband came over and said "are you SG's mom? Nice swims this weekend. Yeah, my wife was emailing you like mad trying to get SG to go to Grungy High...." So now I know I wasn't imagining it (They're not supposed to do that....). It's very flattering.

- - - -

10 of the 45 swimmers made the State team. SG is the only freshman. 5 of the 10 are breaststrokers. States are in 2 weeks. I honestly never thought she would make States as a freshman. In fact, foolishly, several weeks ago, when she was still a long way off a cut, I said I would dye my hair blue if she got a state cut..... (we were swimming a team whose color is purple and my hair was purple and I was told it needed to be blue). It's no biggie except the blue just doesn't last and i hate high maintenance..... and I kinda like purple better than blue. But I'll do it.