Thread: Scared now...
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #1
Snakeadelic
Banned

Scared now...

So the 2018 Federal budget first draft has been released. Trump needs several billion dollars of taxpayer money since Mexico won't finance his border wall. Currently slated for MASSIVE cuts:

Medicare
Medicaid
SSI Disability
SSDI Disability
SNAP (food stamps)
TANF (temporary assistance for needy families)

Seriously. Estimates range from $250 billion to $800 billion in cuts while the wealthy get another tax cut and industries do too--along with seats in the EPA, but that's not budget.

If this goes through, my family unit will be devastated. All 3 of us may end up with our rent money drastically slashed or eliminated. If I have to leave, it will mean euthanizing my pet, who is far too old to survive the 700+ miles, 3 mountain ranges, and an entire time zone I'll have to move across to keep a roof over my head. I won't be able to take my other pet, and if my sweetie can't find a place to live that means 2 more pets that aren't adoptable will have to be put down. I'll never see my menfolk again, and after 14 years with one and 8 with the other that's gonna hurt if it comes to pass.

This isn't something the public gets input on, either. Sure, there may be town halls and activism and and and...but in the end, Trump wants that wall so bad if he had enough of his own money left he'd probably build it that way. And the currently Republican-dominated everything in Washington, DC is vehemently anti-social-services.

Today, my spirit animal is "Bucky Barnes in Civil War, clipping that bug-out bag tight across his chest and running like Satan (actually T'Challa in the movie but hey, he's nearly as scary) is breathing fire on his heels". Or Godzilla, depending on whether I'm more angry or scared at any given moment.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote