View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #1067
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Whats good for the rest of the nation apparently isn't good for Nevada. WTF is this and why isn't anyone outraged?

link

Why is it fair for all the other states to pay and not his??? This is the kind of BS that really pisses me off. Basically they are either adding to the cost of the program or taking money from other states. Either way it seems very wrong.
Under the current law, states can never pay more than 50% of the Medicaid costs, with the feds picking up the rest.

In most states, the fed taxpayers (you and me) are paying more than 50 percent (in some states, much more) based on the current cost sharing formula. In Nevada and a few other states, it is a 50-50 split.

Increasing the number of eligible residents for Medicaid in NV may have pushed that state share above 50% which would be contrary to the limit in existing law.

A chart

http://facts.kff.org/chart.aspx?cb=56&sctn=152&ch=991
So, in fact, you and I have been paying less for Medicaid in Nevada than we pay for most other states and I suspect, even with these provisions that Reid added, we would still be paying less in NV than the national average.

Last edited by Redux; 10-06-2009 at 06:22 PM.