View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #120
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
What I really don't like, and it's something I saw over here too, in the run-up to Brexit, is the equating of educated, and/or liberal, with elite and out of touch -v- ...
What is observed today is how German opinions changed in the late 1920s and early 1930s. They were even told to "disparage the bourgeoisie and intelligentsia". No intent was to say anything that made sense. Logic was totally irrelevant. Lies and deceit were good as long as it inspired emotion. Since emotion (not informed knowledge) portrayed in soundbytes was why so many Germans changed by in 15 years.

Change is that subtle. How many notice large numbers who support Trump even when he says things that contradict their long held personal beliefs? Mistake is trying to understand this logically. And yet I keep citing how so many adults think - like children. Trump can lie all he wants - and be popular. Because emotion is how he inspires - religiously - that 19.x%.

They will even ignore their own knowledge to believe (worship) what he says. Just like 1930 Germany. Similarities between late 1920s Germany and this current political environment is stunningly similar. Worse, most have no idea how similar.

Trump is discussed everywhere today. Hitler was discussed constant (same) in late 1920 and early 1930 Germany.

Trying to understand all this logically only creates puzzlement and despondence. Opinions based in emotion cannot be understood logically. Understand why his game works. So many do not think in an adult manner. Only their emotions are relevant. Worse, too many adults do not even understand the difference between emotion and logical thought. Have never really learned how to think (step by step) through a problem. Will even get angry when a reply does not provide an immediate answer.

Why did so many remain to their death in Branch Davidians (in Waco)? They were not unique. A large number of adults are that easily manipulated. The more educated (logical) among us have difficulty understanding that so many adults are that easily manipulated only by soundbytes. Again, well over 60% of Americans *knew* smoking cigarettes increased health. None of this makes sense if trying to understand it logically.

Does anyone here represent and agree with Trump? Friends who voted straight Republican for 40+ years are even disparaging Trump.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote