Thread: Post Your Pet
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #2095
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I love boxers too! I sorta rescued one from my neighbor last year during all that extreme (they claim) weather. They are NOT outdoor dogs! I kept him until this spring, when I graciously allowed them to take him back. Mostly because the poop was piling up! Now the fleas are out and he's tied in the yard again. Poor doggy!

I want two more, to keep each other company. And to give them something to chase after. They so love to run! And run! and Run! A laser was a favorite toy! I sent it all over the yard just ahead of the dog ad he chased it until he dropped of exhaustion! I heartily recommend wind sprints as a form of exercise for these energetic dogs.

You will find that they will become your shadow and will not allow you out of their sight. They are loving and affectionate and intelligent, but strong willed. They are also leery of strangers, but not aggressive unless trained that way. They just prefer to stand back for a while and check out strangers from a safe distance.

If you get them as a puppy, you can teach them to be friendly, but they tend to come as a blank slate. Chase stuff, eat stuff and sleep is about all they know.

I love boxers!

They will fill your life with joy, and a little exasperation! The only bad news is, they are prone to cancer. And they snore, if you are a light sleeper. I thought it was cute, but some don't. YMMV.

Enjoy your furkids! They look adorable!