View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #105
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
i love my digital picture frame. my customers like it too. i could totally sell them.

I'm not sure what your make and model is, but read this.

Quote:
Best Buy Digital Photo Frames Shipped With Virus

Electronics retailer Best Buy has pulled a popular brand of digital photo frames from its online and in-store shelves, following reports that many of the devices shipped with computer viruses.
The affected frames are limited to a particular size of Best Buy's own Insignia brand photo frames, the 10.4-ich version (model# NS-DPF10A). Best Buy spokesperson Nissa French said the virus was apparently introduced as some point in the manufacturing process (the devices are made in China).
Quote:
Reports of digital devices being contaminated with viruses seem to be popping up more frequently, perhaps because so many modern electronic devices now ship with components that include writable memory. The SANS Internet Storm Center has been chronicling reports of virus infections with other types of digital photo frames, as well as MP3 players and certain hard drives.
More information here at the ISC link mentioned in the story.

Quote:
  • Our readers reported more malware found on other devices such as
    • a set of MP3 playing sunglasses (store where sold is not known)
    • a 250GB Maxtor External One Touch Backup from Radio Shack
    • a "Flip Video Camera" from a California Costco
    • a MemoryVue 1040 Plus digital photo frame from Digital Spectrum Incorporated that was purchased at a Canadian Costco
    • an 8-inch Castleton digital photo frame from Uniek that was purchased at a Target
    • a Maxtor One Touch 250GB external hard drive purchased at Fry's Electronics
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote