View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
Rexmons
- Kavkaz United -

You know what really grinds my gears...

Walmart, and here's why:

Back in March I bought a 2GB Ipod Nano from Walmart. While I was paying for it, the cashier asked if I wanted to purchase the extra accidental damage warranty. Folks, I used to do tech support for Panasonic's laptop division and I also did warranty claims, so I know how important buying that accidental damage warranty can truly be, so of course I bought it. About a week ago, I broke the LCD on my Ipod (totally my fault). Thanking God I bought the additional warranty, I went to Walmart last night to either have it fixed, or replaced. After a short wait, the customer service rep informed me I had to call the number on the receipt to have it fixed. When I looked on the receipt, it appeared to be some 3rd party company called www.repairnow.com/walmart, that actually does the repairs for them (first sign of trouble). Today while at work I called the RepairNow, and a very pleasant woman told me my warranty does not begin until the manufacturer warranty ends, next March. then she starts giving me Apples number and tries rushing me off the phone. Now having the background in warranty claims has taught me that a companies standard warranty never covers physical damage. I asked the rep if this was the case and as if i had blown her cover wide open she lets out a pissed off sigh and then starts giving me short one word answers as if she's ready for me to explode on her ( i guess she's used to it). So basically I'm screwed, Walmart has stuck it in my ass dry without having the God damned common courtesy to give me a reach-around. My question is WHO THE **** WOULD BUY THIS GOD DAMNED WARRANTY, KNOWING THEY WOULD HAVE TO WAIT A FULL YEAR BEFORE IT BECOMES USEFUL?!?