Thread: Classic's Crap
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #92
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Etheridge held a press conference today to once again apologize, calling his actions "unacceptable."(video at left)

"No matter how partisan and no matter how difficult things get sometimes, that's no excuse for my response," he said. "I came today to say I'm sorry."

Etheridge said the confrontation happened after he came out of a meeting in Washington, D.C.

"The truth is, I had a long day, it was the end of the day -- but that's not the issue," he said. "I've been through a lot of tough situations... I've been spat at, pushed on and threatened before, and that's no excuse for... not walking on by."

Etheridge said he still did not the identity of the students in the video. Asked whether he thought Republicans set up the confrontation, he responded, "I'll let you find that out. Maybe somebody will, I'm not going there."

The Democratic National Committee is going there, Politico reports.

"Motives matter, and I think you can see who was behind this," DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse told Politico. "This was a Republican party tracking operation. If it wasn't a party tracker or intern, why is the face blurred and why is the source hidden? You know if it had been a right wing blog, they'd identify themselves and they'd be booking this person on TV all day... If that doesn't tell you this is a Republican Party hatchet job nothing will."
Video here

Does it really matter - the guy snapped and assaulted the young man. He could have easily done the right thing and kept walking.