View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
Snakeadelic
Banned

Meanwhile, putting this here to avoid hijacking anyone else's thread. Finally identified what is, for me, the single most annoying MCU plot hole thus far, and it's in the Captain America series. There are 2 kinds of "explain this bullsh*t" in our house when it comes to films. The first kind is "what were the writers/director/producers/actors thinking?" and the other is what the RPG group my sweetie's in call 'in-world', which means "explain this in a movie plot." I want this one resolved in-world in a future MCU movie.

Minor spoiler alert if you haven't seen all the Cap movies yet.

Civil War, summarized.
Whole World: "Eeeek, scary enhanced people don't save enough lives and politicians are freaking out so bad 117 countries wrote a 'muzzle these lunatics' treaty half of the aforementioned lunatics aren't crazy about signing."
Avengers: -bickering, snarking, foul language, character development
Whole World: Tunes in the signing of the Accords. "EEEEAAAGGGHHHH we gotta get this Winter Soldier guy cuz he's the scariest one of all! Worldwide manhunt!"
Actual Winter Soldier: "Damn, that newsstand guy made me and I didn't even get my lunch from the market. Wait, why is Captain America in my apartment in Bucharest? OH CRAP SWAT TEAM!"
Fast-forward to big airport showdown scene. You have Cap and I think it's Iron Man & War Machine. Much posturing, machismo, and some political rhetoric.
Captain America: "And there are five more just like him in Siberia. We can't let the maniac who turned the activated Winter Soldier loose in a major metro area without a mission other than 'survive at any cost' thaw them all out."
Suit Guys: --totally ignore that crucial and horrifying detail--
T'Challa: Thinks to himself 'Maybe if they do get past us I should follow them, but only so I can kill Barnes'. Ends up with a beautiful *character develops loudly* moment in Siberia.

When the entire world went batsh*t thinking there was ONE Winter Soldier, Tony and Rhodes should have crapped their suits hearing there are five more without having to hear the part about "less controllable, speak 30 languages combined, more kills than anyone else in Hydra history and that was pre-serum..."
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote