View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

DISH network drops all Viacom channels

DISH Network, in a righteous attempt to *cough* protect their customers *cough*, has dropped all Viacom channels from their lineup. This includes CBS, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, MTV2, MTV Espanol, Nickelodeon, Nick Games & Sports, Noggin, VH1, VH1 Classic and CBS-HD East and West. If you're a DISH subscriber, even if you have a contract, you no longer have these channels.

I'm not much of a TV watcher, but my wife is, and we do have DISH network. I don't much care for the idea that they're removing value from the service while we're under contract. But something tells me their average hold time at their customer service department is somewhere around a week right now, so calling in with a complaint will be a pain in the ass. But I am assured that my call is very important to them.

It's been ongoing for awhile now, I guess:
Quote:
Throughout the past week, Viacom-owned channels began broadcasting scrolling messages on the top or bottom of the screen, urging customers to call DISH representatives and ask to keep the channels. In response, DISH reportedly broadcast black bars over the scrolling message, hiding it.
Don't worry though, DISH Network says that they'll compensate their customers with a $1 credit per month. Sweet! That's like, two sodas a month!