View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Flint
Snowflake

confused

That's exactly *not* the assertion of what you've quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Economic Forum
Piketty suggests that left-wing parties, which used to attract and represent less educated voters, are now more associated with highly educated voters. Right-wing parties, on the other hand, have consistently attracted and represented wealthy voters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
..one party is made up of poor/populist people and one party is made up of the elites and richer over time..
Sounds like the traditionally poor/populist party is "selling out" to economic classism (left-wing, i.e. Democrats, in America), and the traditionally economic classist party is continuing to represent wealthy voters (right-wing, i.e. Republicans, in America). Leaving poor voters simply not represented by anyone, as the article projects:

Quote:
Those left behind may find themselves underrepresented by mainstream parties, and are more likely to seek out alternatives.
So which party "made up of poor/populist people" are you referring to? The one that elected a billionaire businessman who literally craps on a golden toilet, sequestered away in a mighty tower emblazoned with his almighty name?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote