Thread: Trilby
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #65
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I agree with plthijinx. Too much death. I'm still wearing a mourning button for my father, and my uncle passed a few days later. But they were both in their 90's so that is expected.

Brianna (and I will always remember her as that) was one of the dozen or so people from the Cellar that I 'knew'. I liked her spirit, and the way she argued.

I am very sorry for you loss, Danny and Taylor. I enjoyed reading your mom's posts, and I am sorry I never got a chance to meet her. One great thing about the Cellar is that it's an archive. Brianna's 'letters', the part of herself she shared with everyone, will stay here.

When my mother passed away a few years ago, her Rabbi came up and wrapped a red string around my left wrist. It turns out he also studied Kabbalah and did it to protect us from evil. I'm not much for mysticism, but I did find some comfort in knowing that someone went to the trouble to do that.

I don't propose to give you any red string, but know that I pray that you can move forward in peace. Since I pray so infrequently, maybe it will get noticed. May G-d shelter you and give you comfort.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote