Thread: (My) Cookies
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #95
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Here's the recipe. Adjust to your liking. Obviously, I did not do the chocolate part, and I used my own cookie cutter. And I did not get 4 dozen cookies. I ended up with little less than 3 dozens.

Godiva Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread

Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Difficulty: Easy
Preparation: 30 minutes plus baking and cooling times
Special equipment: GODIVA Cookie cutter

Cookies:
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix flour, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles crumbs. Form into a ball and knead until smooth.
3. Divide dough in half. Place half on lightly floured surface and roll to 8-inch by 6-inch rectangle, trimming edges with a knife. Cut out 24 shapes using the Godiva cookie cutter. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, placing at least 1 inch apart. Repeat with other half.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 2 to 3 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high (100% power) for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Dip cookies into melted chocolate, coating the bottom third of each cookie. Shake off excess chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (If chocolate becomes too thick, microwave at medium (50% power) for 30 seconds.) Let dipped cookies stand at room temperature about 1 hour or in refrigerator for 15 minutes until chocolate sets.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote