Thread: Lockdown Blues
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 04:20 AM   #5
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

In some respects I haven't noticed a great deal of difference from what passes as normal hereabouts.

It's not safe to leave Dad on his own for too long in case he has a fall so shopping trips tend to be few in number and short in duration much as the present situation demands.

My neighbour is working from home and his wife is a key worker in the NHS, so that leaves him with two teenaged lads and a dog to supervise.

We've been entertaining the dog for the last couple of weeks for a few hours a day which removes one complicating factor from their household and the dog does get a short walk.

He brings the hound to the top of our drive at which point it hurtles towards me thus we observe the social distancing rules.

Food isn't a problem but, in extremis, we might have to open a can of John West Skippers (sardines) which has been languishing in storage since I don't know when.

One clue might be that the price is stamped on the outer carton in pre decimal currency so that dates it to before February 1971!