View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #145
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The CONET Project

Well, I must say that I have been HYPNOTIZED all day by the 4cd set called The CONET Project Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations. This is the weirdest stuff I have ever listened to. The story goes a little like this:

For more than 30 years the Shortwave radio spectrum has been used by the worlds intelligence agencies to transmit secret messages. These messages are transmitted by hundreds of “Numbers Stations”.

Shortwave Numbers Stations are a perfect method of anonymous, one way communication. Spies located anywhere in the world can be communicated to by their masters via small, locally available, and unmodified Shortwave receivers. The encryption system used by Numbers Stations, known as a “one time pad” is unbreakable. Combine this with the fact that it is almost impossible to track down the message recipients once they are inserted into the enemy country, it becomes clear just how powerful the Numbers Station system is.

Just freaky. I recommend listening in daytime with the lights on. Here's a sample. You have been warned.

Last edited by BigV; 03-03-2005 at 05:22 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote