View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #19
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I've seen your climate change flood map and read your comments.

My first thought was to get Al Gore Smoking in here for some sock puppet humor that makes me laugh much more than anyone else.

Just didn't fit the moment.

So then thought maybe I should list some of the things that I do in my daily life that actually supports this climate change hoa...ah, I mean problem. Does it matter what my motivation is if it fits the template of being better for the planet?

Those are;

* riding a bike for transportation instead of driving a fossil fuel powered vehicle. Also Ubering but a fair amount of biking. Because it helps me. Not particularly worried about the planet that's been here for billions of years.

* Limiting my smokeless powder discharge which I'm guessing kills the planet as well as everything else I do. Shot placement instead of spray. Black powder discharge has been at zero for 10 years plus. Yay me.

* Searching out and supporting businesses that sell grass fed poultry, pork and beef. These products are significantly more expensive but tend to be fresher and healthier. Also tend to be better for the land that they are raised on. And or provide a better life for the animals. They have a good life with one bad day.

* Have completely stopped burning tires in the back yard. That one was a joke. I still burn the tires but nobody is perfect.

So each of these examples actually supports a better environment or healthier me without any conscious concern for the planet. Or climate change.

I've had people with graphs and charts and photos pushing this hoa...ah, I mean emergency for 30 fucking years. Wagging a finger in my face. Calling me names. In 5 years, 10 years, 20 years. I'm fatigued with these predictions. And the ClimateGaters.

"We're all going to die! Or drown! Don't you care, you ignoramus!?"

Well, no. However, for my own reasons that have nothing to do with climate change, I can earn a sticker. And in my own opinion, I actually do more for climate change than most people just talk about. To virtue signal, which is rampant.

Ok, so back to my thought process...

So then I look at the map and think "Jesus Christ, California still isn't completely under water. What can I do to change that?"

"What's the use of this climate catastrophe if it leaves California with dry land? Florida is gone but Cali survives?"

Next I look closer at the map, where Florida was but is now under water. Sadness to be sure. But then look at the southern islands.

Puerto Rico seems to be unharmed.

That just makes PR that much more of a great place to spend time now. Before the big flood.

With that thought I'm even more of a PR fan.
Attached Images

slang is offline   Reply With Quote