View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 01:14 AM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Wish List: A car

(Yes, another new series in the Manifestos.)

I want a new car. Hell, I don't even want a brand new car...just a car for myself. Putt-putt is nice and all, but it's not really mine...it's Rho's.

I haven't owned a car since the week before I moved to DC. My beloved Lolita (my 1988 Chevrolet Caprice) was finished...it needed over $1000 worth of work to pass state inspections. It wasn't worth the risk in driving it from St. Louis to DC, so I sold it to someone in my neighborhood for $300. I miss that car so much though.

Given the amount of driving that we seem to do, and given the nature of driving and parking in Philadelphia, I want a small car. Another Geo Metro would be nice...maybe a later model. Perhaps a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. Nothing bigger than maybe a Dodge Stratus.

If I could buy a new car, it would be the VW Passat W8. Unfortunately, it is $40,000, so that is not happening unless I win the lottery. So, more realistically, my new car choices would be:

--VW Jetta
--Toyota Corolla
--Honda Civic
--VW Beetle (Shut up...all of you! You can just shut the fuck up right now, b/c I like the new Beetle...so nyah! )
--Suzuki Aerio
--Chevrolet Cavalier/Pontiac Sunfire
--Oldsmobile Alero

As far as a used car...hmmm...

--Any of the cars mentioned above
--Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift
--an older model Volvo or Mercedes-Benz (say, 1980-1990 models)
--Suzuki Esteem
--Oldsmobile Achieva

It doesn't have to look good...it can be a bit rusted and beat up. I just need a good reliable car that will get me from point a to point b and not give me a lot of shit.

One of these days...

Lastly, a salute to my beloved Lolita:
Attached Images

Last edited by elSicomoro; 10-20-2002 at 01:23 AM.