View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 02:49 PM   #11
dave

great picture leif.

the anti arab backlash is scary, but understandable. a lot of people had their lives ruined today, and not just those that died. the simple fact of the matter is that arabs have been using terrorism against their "enemies" for some time now. consider this: the world trade center bombing in '93 was an arab stunt. it killed six and wounded, i believe, a thousand more. it was an awful event. but you didn't see us go grab six random arabs and kill 'em, meanwhile taking 1000 random arabs and, say, blowing their legs off or breaking their arms.

as for this today - innocent people have lost their lives. a lot of innocent people have lost their lives. and when we find out who did it, we're not going to round up an equal number of the supporters of the guilty party and do to them as they have done unto others, even though their religion, islam, preaches so. but, of course, they routinely break this by killing indiscriminately.

undoubtedly, we will find out who caused this. it will take time, and it will be hard, but we will find out. it may have been a government. it may have been bin laden. the arab backlash comes from a simple fact: we don't have so many powerful enemies that are non-arab. we just don't. islamic jihad, hamas and the dflp have all denied responsibility - but, of course, blame u.s. policies in the mideast (read: "being israel's friend"). that IS what this is about.

when i see arabs dancing in the streets celebrating because hundreds, if not thousands of innocent people have died today... it makes me, and many others, feel as if they, too, are guilty in a way. i used to have a lot of sympathy for the palestinians and their cause, but because of their method of pursuit, all of their credibility is gone. that's why you see this anti-arab backlash today.