View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #137
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:
Originally posted by jinx

Yes, actually, I am. It seems to me that he's trying to piss her off for a reason. I'd try to spend a little more time figuring out why and a little less time being manipulated.
Actually, IMO, to stay would be to continue to endure the manipulation. If she left, she would no longer have him around to manipulate her.

I guess, if I were in Stacey's shoes, I would not want to spend any more time trying to figure out why he treats her like this. I would probably just feel like I had had enough. Besides, even if he does tell her what is up, how can she believe him? If he lies about going to his friends' house, what stops him from lying about anything else? It's all fair game, now. I think this might be a major factor in why Stacey is so wound up, am I right, Stace? He tells her one thing and does the opposite in one aspect, but then expects her to believe wholeheartedly that he loves her. No wonder its driving her mad. It would me, too.

Stacey, good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. My suspicion is that Arsen is hard wired this way (inconsistent and dishonest) and it would take super-human patience and too much pain to wait for him to change. He simply won't. Right now, you are miserable. I am not going to tell you you should leave him, but you have to ask yourself if you can ever be happy with this person. So far, there is a pattern. He was dishonest in the beginning, with the whole Eva thing and now he has resolved to make things work, but is not fulfilling his side of the bargain (that he created.) How long can you tolerate, much less enjoy this? Of course everyone knows their own limits. You need to figure out where yours are.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote