View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #10923
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Aye. It really is.

Any single one of these big losses/issues and we'd probably have still got a bonus - but as it is...

We're also getting a lower rated pay rise compared to the other regions.

Compared to many people in the UK it's not a bad pay rise - but it's still a little below inflation. My personal performance was rated good, and I'm at the lower end of my pay band, so my raise is 3.25 %

I think much of the disgruntlement is to do with how they announced it.

I don't generally rely on bonuses if I can help it - nice when they come, but it's the wage that counts. But ... last year, they were in the 2nd year of trying to recover from a bunch of bad stuff including serious bottom line losses and bad practice in one of the regions which in some cases was outright fraud - so new CEO and management team rescuing the company - there was a big push to cut costs and stop leakage from bad payouts - there were staffing issues and major weather events - all the signals were we're probably not getting a bonus - but then we did (I got 50% of the bonus as I'd only been there 6 months)

This year the signals we've been getting is rah rah, we're really turning things around and the claims teams are doing better than ever etc etc. Way to go team, we're really flying now - and no bonus.

Last edited by DanaC; 02-22-2018 at 01:12 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote