View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:23 AM   #88
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
OTOH a lot of people think your panacea fantasy needs to meet the 2nd Amendment reality that civilians want the personal issue firearms military and police use in self defense, for the same advantages, believing they have the same right to life. Compromises have already been reached. Fully automatic firearms are not generally available to the public and they don't get to attach silencers, bayonets; or, grenade launchers to them either. The line between offensive and defensive capability of the firearms has been drawn.
Now we're talking self defense rather than a well regulated militia. If your concern is Al Q swinging by the house because of an anti-special ops vendetta maybe your military background gives you a desire to turn offensive. From a civilian perspective, an armed intruder is best handled with a shotgun. If I want a fire fight with the Sheriff's department then I want an AR. I don't want to get into it with the cops or the national guard etc... I like my chances in court and I think conservatism is agreeable to a functional rule of law.
Quote:

like privately owned vehicles, that may be used illegally (or accidently) to take innocent lives. Oh no, that's different.
Inspections, drivers tests, seat-belts, airbags, speed limits, my freedom ends where your nose begins.