View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #64
monster
I hear them call the tide

well it's bad and good. bad that she's not in, but good that she's not rejected either. It means she's not one of the shooting stars that catches their eye but she isn't unrealistic in her application/hope. Now we're just in limbo until final decisions in March/April. There are no athletic scholarships -just financial need. athletic prowess is just considered as part of your overall well-roundedness. You are not going to get into an Ivy as an Olympic swimmer with the brain of a jellyfish. No, we didn't think it was over-rated, we really liked the whole school and atmosphere when we visited. Brown on the other hand.....
It looks like now she should be writing then a letter saying "I still really want to come. here are the awesome academic and extra-curricular things I've done since I submitted my application..." to which she has the All American she can add. so it ain't over but it ain't over either.....

On the positive side it looks like she has a good shot at a full scholarship to her back-up/emergency stand-by college (Michigan State). We should hear U of M (for which she also did early app) in the next week.

She's putting in 3 more apps for the regularly-timed process this week and then we're done done done. And poor poor poor. and we wait wait wait until spring