View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #8266
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Last year I opened up their Discover/Members Card which gives me cash back. I use it for everything - gas, groceries, etc.- and pay it off every month. I earned the $40 fee for this year and I have already earned it for the next year. So anymore that doesnt play into it, but even when it did, I still came out ahead. I buy my chicken and hamburger in bulk and bag it up in smaller amounts to freeze. The price almost always beats out the grocery stores. I buy kitty litter, powder laundry detergent, and other cleaners in bulk too. I stay with their brand or, if they have it, ones that cost less.

And, my Sams isnt very far from me, but I tend to only go once a month to stock up. My bill normally stays under $100. Also, it is close to Aldis, so often I go to both in one trip. Aldis actually sells feta chesse and hummus now, and their produce is usually the best priced.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote