View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #294
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Really? My ignorance? Don't be a little bitch if you want to discuss this issue with adults. You fail on so many levels. If it was part of the original Bill he would not have had to come out and make an edict about it, the issue would have been inherent in the writing of the original Bill. But what Obamacare did do was give powers to the HHSS to make such edicts. Which is another huge problem with Obamacare.
Actually, what the bill says is that exemptions to the UNIVERSAL provision IN the text of the bill (that is, the bill says INSURANCE HAS TO INCLUDE BIRTH CONTROL) can be granted by the executive. Sibelius (with Obama's blessing) decided NOT to EXEMPT religiously-affiliated groups from the provision, but DID exempt churches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Gay marriage and or divorce of anyone is not just an issue of the Catholic Church. The issues have not just been an issue of the Catholic Church.

It just so happens that the Catholic Church has been dealing with the issue head on, but it still is not an issue of just that religion. They happen be the ones dealing with it head on.
What I'm saying is, Catholics could argue that having to recognize people that were remarried as legal spouses for purposes of insurance is infringing on their right to reject second marriages as illegitimate. Do you think they should have the right to reject remarried spouses from their health care coverage?