View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Wife says she was just thinking about 808 State last week, even though she has never heard their music. She just remembered seeing the album from when she worked at the record store. And now here it is on the list. They for their name from the area code for HI
I was listening to 801.

And I agree that the list is bullshit in that it is stuffed with things so they can get the cute 1001 moniker. There are certainly lots of albums I haven't heard but the list gets longer the more recently the albums were made, suggesting that it was made by a 20 something who hasn't been around long enough to have actually listened to half of these albums and it also has a bunch of albums that are not the artists best works. Those points lead me to suspect the items I don't know about. But then wan't this bias covered in another thread about how spotify or something like that discovered it had to add familiar songs to your daily mix in order for people to trust it? Or was that the TED radio hour? Cellar, TED same difference. <--tagline op!

So, in conclusion, I will re-read the list more closely and check off the albums that I will need to hear and strike through the bullshit ones. After I'm all caught up on other shit.

There is also a list somewhere that has the top 100 songs of every year going back to the 40s I think.

Last edited by footfootfoot; 01-31-2017 at 08:01 AM.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote