Thread: CyberBully
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 06:44 AM   #78
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

No I didnt prove it. Because that wasnt the first timei had faced down the bullies. It wasnt even the first time I'd faced down that particular bully. Facing down bullies didn't stop it happening. Not for most of my childhood.

What made that particular incident effective was that it was a vicious attack and took place in the middle of a classroom (I also accidentally punched the teacher who tried to intervene). I should not , as a 15 year old, have had to resort to beating someone bloody in order to buy myself a modicum of peace.

Actually, I didn't even beat her up to stop her bullying me. She'd started on my friend. And I had had enough.

The trouble is Classic, I think maybe you have a skewed view of what bullying is actually like. In particular with teenage girls. It's not crowding round you in the playground and stealing your lunch (though that happens) it's not waiting for you at the school gate and kicking the shit out of you (though that also is a part of it). With girls it's more subtle and destructive than that. It's a very social form of bullying with girls.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote